Ever for the reason that pandemic began, the pharmaceutical industry has been in the limelight, you can read the details in an earlier article that we wrote. Amongst different Indian gamers, Divis Laboratories, one of many well-known pharma corporations in Hyderabad, stands out for greater than only one cause. Divis share value has zoomed 112% within the final yr. In current instances, Divis Laboratories share value has gained fairly some traction on reporting spectacular Q1 FY2021 outcomes and being included within the Nifty 50 index.
Let’s take this chance to judge Divis Laboratories Ltd’s enterprise profile, financials, and perceive why it’s included within the Nifty 50 index.
The article covers:
Overview of Divis Laboratories
Divis Labs has been an important participant within the enviornment of producing energetic pharmaceutical substances (API). Right this moment, the 30-yr outdated drug agency has established itself as one of many high Three API producers of India and likewise as one of many acknowledged international leaders within the area.
About Divis Labs
Began in Hyderabad in 1990, Divis Labs owns 2 manufacturing models, one in Hyderabad and the opposite in Vizag. These have been inspected a number of instances by numerous well being authorities together with USFDA, EU GMP, TGA, HEALTH CANADA, TGA, ANVISA, and COFEPRIS.
Divis Laboratories is taken into account to be a ‘Reliable Supplier of Generic APIs’ and a reliable ‘Custom Manufacturer’ to ‘Big Pharma’, the worldwide pharmaceutical trade. It’s backed by extremely competent administration, 11,000 highly-trained professionals, and 350 scientists, collectively who work to supply world-class merchandise that adhere to the very best compliance ranges to over 95 international locations.
Milestones of Divis Laboratories
Following is a timeline displaying numerous achievements of Divis Laboratories Ltd:
- 1990: Established Divi’s Analysis Centre (DRC)
- 1995: Arrange its 1st manufacturing facility operations at Choutuppal, close to Hyderabad
- 1997: Filed its 1st first USDMF
- 1999: Filed its 1st Certificates of Suitability (CoS) in Europe
- 2000: 1st USFDA inspection
- 2002: Began its 2nd manufacturing facility at Chippada, close to Visakhapatnam
- 2003: Went public by issuing an IPO and obtained listed in BSE and NSE
- 2005: Gained a Nationwide Award for Excellence in Water Administration by the Confederation of Indian Business (CII)
- 2007: Launched a Nutraceutical facility at Chippada unit
- 2008: 1st MFDS (Korea) inspection
- 2010: Began a brand new Analysis Centre in Hyderabad
- 2011: 1st EU GMP and Japan PMDA inspection
- 2012: MD was given the India Enterprise Chief Award by CNBC TV18
- 2012: 1st TGA inspection
- 2012: Acquired CNBC TV 18’s India Enterprise Chief Award ‘First Generation Entrepreneur of the Year’
- 2013: 1st Slovenian Medicines Company inspection
- 2013: Ministry of Commerce & Business awarded the “Premier Trading House” certificates
- 2014: Gained The Golden Peacock Award for CSR initiatives2014: Crossed gross sales income of Rs 2500 cr with 18% progress fee
- 2014: First COFEPRIS inspection
- 2015: Inaugurated its Company Workplace in Hyderabad
- 2016: Crossed gross sales income of Rs 3,700 cr with a 22% progress fee
- 2017: Made it to the highest Three API producers on this planet and high API corporations in Hyderabad
- 2018: Reached the market capitalisation of $5 bn
- 2018: Added extra to the product portfolio to achieve the mark of over 30
- 2019: Commenced enlargement of producing services with Rs 1800 cr
- 2019: Joined the checklist of the biggest API producers on this planet
Board of Administrators of Divis Labs
Divis Labs’ board contains of 12 members
- Managing Director: Dr. Murali Okay. Divi
- Govt Director: N. V. Ramana
- Entire-time Director & CEO: Dr. Kiran S. Divi
- Entire-time Director (Industrial): Nilima Motaparti
- Entire-time Director (Tasks): Madhusudana Rao Divi
- Unbiased Director: R. Ranga Rao
- Unbiased Director: Okay. V. Okay Sheshavataram:
- Unbiased Director: Dr. S. Ganapathy
- Unbiased Director: Prof. Sunaina Singh
- Unbiased Director: Okay. V. Chowdhary
Subsidiary corporations of Divis Labs
Divis Labs has two fully-owned subsidiary corporations:
- Divi’s Laboratories (USA) Inc.
- Divi’s Laboratories (Europe) AG.
Enterprise segments of Divis Laboratories Ltd
- Generic APIs
- Customized Synthesis
Merchandise of Divis Laboratories Ltd
Divis Labs’ merchandise are identified to be of top quality and cross via stringent high quality checks. It affords over 30 merchandise together with:
- Diltiazem HCl
- Dextromethorphan Base
- Dextromethorphan HBr
- Fosphenytoin Sodium
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
Friends of Divis Laboratories
Divis Labs competes with friends together with Syngene International Ltd, Dishman Carbogen Amics Ltd, Vimta Labs Ltd, and Brooks Laboratories Ltd. Right here’s a snapshot of the valuation metrics of those corporations.
Divis Laboratories share value
As talked about, Divis share value has zoomed 112% within the final yr. Right here’s a chart evaluating Divis Laboratories share value actions with that of Syngene Worldwide, and Dishman Carbogen Amics from 28th Aug 2019 to 25th Aug 2020. You possibly can compare Divi’s Labs with any other stock that you wish here.
Final four yrs’ financials of Divis Labs
Beneath is the comparability of Earnings Assertion, Stability Sheet, and Money Movement Statements of the drug agency for the final four yrs.
Earnings assertion of Divis Laboratories Ltd
The above desk reveals that Divis Labs’ income has been steadily rising besides within the FY2018. Nevertheless, its internet earnings and EBITDA have remained kind of steady for FY2017, FY2019, and FY2020, and never proven vital change, once more aside from 2018. This can be as a result of the drug agency incurred Rs 1,800 cr capital expenditure in that yr.
The above chart reveals that Divis has been producing income and internet earnings decrease than that of trade common over the past 5 yrs. However in case you want to do an in-depth evaluation of Divis Labs, you’ll be able to take a look at the quarterly financials feature of Tickertape, which allows you to analyse the short-term performance of the stock. Right here’s how one can get there:
Stability sheet of Divis Labs
Usually, a excessive debt-to-equity ratio reveals that the corporate is very leveraged and could be dangerous for traders, relying on the trade it belongs to. It additionally implies that collectors have a comparatively larger stake in an organization’ belongings than the shareholders.
Fortunately, Divis Labs’ debt-to-equity ratio is lower than 1. Which means that the corporate isn’t closely financed by debt and that the shareholders have a better stake on its belongings than the collectors. Additional, the present ratio has principally been declining through the years. Nonetheless, Divis Labs has ample present belongings to satisfy its present liabilities, which is an efficient indicator.
When in comparison with the 5-yrs’ trade common of the debt-to-equity ratio of 14.23%, Divis Laboratories has exceeded the metric with a powerful 0.95%. However, the corporate defeats the trade common of present ratio simply barely.
Cashflow of Divis Labs
Tickertape compiles 9 yrs’ monetary statements for each inventory. Go to Divis Labs’ stock page to view info for all of the 9 yrs.
Latest developments in Divis Laboratories Ltd
Not too long ago, Divis Laboratories reported spectacular Q1 outcomes for FY2021 following which the inventory hit a recent 52-week excessive. The drug agency, which is among the high pharma corporations in Hyderabad, reported a consolidated internet revenue of at Rs 492.06 cr, an 80.61% enhance y-o-y. This was, nonetheless, courtesy of its strong gross sales, not a bonus of the pandemic. Additional, its whole earnings rose to Rs 1,747.80 cr from Rs 1,193.20 cr y-o-y and EBITDA zoomed 80.8% y-o-y.
One other vital level to notice is about Divis capital expenditure. As per specialists and analysts, Divis’ main capital expenditure of Rs 1800 cr on the enlargement of producing services can be accomplished in FY2021 and would begin reaping business advantages in FY2022. This might additionally increase earnings within the close to future. However what makes this level vital one is as a result of, up to now, the drug agency has incurred a capital expenditure solely once they noticed sturdy progress visibility.
Alternatives for Divis
Speaking of alternatives, Divis Laboratories has a situational benefit gifted by the pandemic, given most international pharma corporations need to diversify their provide chain outdoors China. With ample governmental assist within the type of insurance policies and reforms and Divis’ continued efforts, the drug agency might have new milestones lined up within the close to future.
Dangers of Divis Labs
Regardless of all of the sheen that Divis has, the drug agency isn’t freed from dangers:
- It earns about 47% of its income from top-5 molecules, which signifies that the drug agency faces focus dangers
- Despite the fact that Divis Labs stands to learn from the situational benefit of the pandemic, it might must resort to cost discounting to beat stiff competitors from international and home gamers
Divis Laboratories is a robust firm having progress alternatives. However as an investor, it’s your accountability to do an overall-analysis of inventory earlier than making a shopping for or a promoting resolution. We’re merely an informational entity who supply instruments to facilitate in-depth evaluation and sensible funding selections.